Friday, March 26, 2010

Chili Egg - 3/26

This one is inspired by Singaporean Chili Crab recipe. With my thinking cap on, I came to believe this would be a good milder version of "Telor Balado".

Chili Egg
Ingredients:
- 5 hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced in half
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium onion
- 5 cm (2 inch) fresh ginger, finely grated
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 -5 red chillies
- 1 tomato
- 2 cups ready made tomato paste sauce (my version: 3 tbsp tomato paste with 1 cups water)
- a dash of soy sauce
- 1 cup of water
- 2 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar

In food processor, chopped the tomato, onion and chilies. (I add extra 2 dried chilies. Trust me, if you are not an extreme-spicy type, please do avoid this step, and reduce the chilies to 3.)
Heat oil in the wok, add garlic and ginger, cook until fragrance. Add the onion-tomato mixture, stir for about 5 minutes. Pour in the tomato paste sauce, water, soy sauce, chili sauce and brown sugar. Adjust the spiciness by adding water. Simmer and return the boiled egg into the sauce. Cook for another 2 minutes, and bon appetite.
you could also add potatoes in this too.



Does it looks spicy to you? here' the conversation at dinner:
Jes (from Nepal) : "this sauce scares me. "
Me (from Indo) : "yeah, it is spicy. I already diluted it with a lot of water, but it still spicy"
Sam (from Africa) : "What are you guys talking about? I don't feel it at all"
Jes + Me : "What?!! something is wrong with you, sam"

"Please cook responsibly"


Happy Cooking
JN

No comments:

Post a Comment